WHAT IS THE STORYTELLERS’ COLLABORATIVE?
The Storytellers’ Collaborative is where Content Creators come to receive writing instruction and constructive literary critique. It also offers them opportunities to collaborate on the publication and/or production of print, visual and audio projects that educate, entertain and enlighten.
Members are committed to raising their VOICEs (Verbalizing Orderly Impressions through Creative Endeavors).
Platforms used to publicly express these impressions are print, film/television, theater and music.
ACHIEVEMENT SQUARE Development & Training Centers, Inc. is the Storytellers’ Collaborative’s nonprofit sponsor of writing instruction and critique activities.
WHAT IS THE MEETING STRUCTURE?
Storytellers’ Collaborative meetings are 90 minutes long, and are held once a month at designated locations throughout the Washington, DC/Metro area. The agenda is as follows:
Welcome & Introductions (5 minutes)
Learning Lab (facilitated by members) (10 minutes)
Two-Minute Pitch Fest (3-4 per meeting) (10 minutes)
Critique Clusters (3-4 individuals) (45 minutes)
Content Creation Q & A (15 minutes)
Closing Remarks (5 minutes)
WHAT ARE THE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS?
Besides being able to learn and grow with like-minded professionals, the Storytellers’ Collaborative offers Content Creators the following benefits:
- Instruction based on research and best practices
- Constructive critique that makes everyone better
- Peer support that ensures their collaborative projects are published or produced
- Preferential treatment during Storytellers’ Collaborative-sponsored events (i.e., books signings/readings, showcases)
- Reduced pricing to Storytellers’ Collaborative-sponsored conferences and retreats
- Opportunities to make money now while retaining all rights to their intellectual property
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST & HOW DO I JOIN?
- Administration & Supplies @ 10% of annual fee
- Venue Rental @ 40% of annual fee
- Promotion/Marketing @ 25% of annual fee
- Publishing/Production Seed Awards @ 25% of annual fee